I am an insurance professional that can do what it takes to increase teams’ productivity and profitability. I work to accomplish the following for my employers and clients:
· Prospecting to persuade suspects and clients to buy more coverages.
· Front-line underwriting to increase the number of submissions accepted by carriers.
· Transaction underwriting to grow my employer’s books profitably by enabling insureds to use all relevant risk management techniques.
· Managing underwriting territories to improve books of business’ loss ratios, retention, and growth.
· Development and delivery of underwriting instruction to enable service representatives, producers, and agency principals to improve their performance (e.g, PIF counts and profits).
I served the underwriting management community at USAA in several ways. I served experienced underwriters by developing advanced analytic instruction materials. I served entry-level underwriters by rehabilitating USAA’s entry-level training in response to management and student feedback received before I was hired. I’m looking for a position that will require me to lead teams producers and underwriters in their efforts to grow and rehabilitate their territories. USAA eliminated both of its underwriting training positions and hired me back to work in its General Agency.
My employers have benefited from my values, knowledge, experience, and efforts.
· I enjoy working with peers supporting their efforts to produce good work by persuading, informing, and counseling to motivate peers and customers.
· My willingness to learn my employer’s formal and informal requirements/expectations helps me produce relevant results.
· I have the ability to negotiate favorable risk exposure treatments with agents and insureds so my books of business are grown profitably.
· I know underwriting and risk management principles so well that I can rehabilitate books of business to make them profitable.
· My people skills enable me to be likable and persuasive when coaching underwriters, producers, and insureds.
· My professional network enables me to draw upon several sources whenever I need creative problem solving techniques.
My ability and effort is worth between $80,000 and $120,000 per year plus benefits and performance bonuses. I want to find an employer who will pay me well to do what I’m good at and what I like to do, in an environment that is conducive. A conducive environment will have:
· people who are friendly,
· people who are objective and rational,
· people who are direct when they talk to others,
· customers who give us plenty of meaningful work, and
· circumstances giving us clear-cut decisions to make.